Not going to lie one bit here. I HATE cooking. I would eat out every meal, every day if I could, but that gets expensive. And every once in a while I get on this health kick, and we’ve all heard the saying… “Abs are made in the kitchen.” So I have to suck it up, go to the grocery store, and cook up some fancy health conscientious meal. Okay, maybe not fancy.
I recently had been taking advice from a good friend of mine and she gave me her meal plans. She should be called the meal planning Goddess. She kicks ass at it! Anyhow, over the last few weeks, I fell in love with a few of her meals and since I’m all about that bikini prep right now, I had to share!
Here’s some of my go-to quick healthy meals!
1. Eggplant pizzas
- A nice and easy quick meal!
- Slice the eggplant about 1/4″ think and saute in a pan with olive oil
- After sauteing, place on a cookie sheet
- Spread marinara, sprinkle some low fat cheddar cheese or jack cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Broil in the oven for 5 minutes
2. Black Bean Turkey Burgers
- I make several patties and then eat for lunch all week long!
- Mix in a bowl: 1 lb of ground turkey, 1 egg, 1 tbs of onion powder, 2 tsp of garlic salt
- Shape into patties
- Grill or fry in pan for 7 minutes on each side
- Put it on a whole wheat bun with lettuce, tomato, avocado, and sauce
- Sauce: Mix non-fat greek yogurt with sriracha
3. Asian Teriyaki Beef Lettuce Wraps
- Super simple it’s ridiculous. And if you’re not into lettuce wraps, cut the lettuce up and make it a salad!
- Fry up some ground beef, mix in teriyaki and sriracha sauce
- Dice cucumbers and tomatoes
- Place all ingredients on leaves (butter lettuce or romaine)
- Drizzle sriracha
4. Grilled Chicken Fajita Bowl
- You can make this with or without a whole wheat tortilla!
- Grill chicken and saute bell peppers and onion
- Place all in bowl
- Top with non-fat Greek yogurt and salsa
- I add some avocado when I’m feeling like I need a pick me up!
5. Chicken Caprese Salad
- Stupid simple.
- Grill the chicken, toss on top of salad
- Halve cherry tomatoes and scoop out mozzarella balls on top
- Dressing: Light drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Chop up some fresh basil for that amazing caprese taste!
6. Flatbread Veggie Pizza
- I use those “Flatout” breads because they’re amazing and low calorie!
- Spread hummus across flat bread
- Add spinach, bell peppers, red onion, rotisserie chicken, and I added some artichokes for fun
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar and sriracha over the top!
7. Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Salads are just the best. And the easiest!
- Ground beef, tomatoes, white onion, salsa, non-fat Greek yogurt all on a bed of lettuce
Those are my most recent go-to’s for lunch and dinner? Anything that you find yourself going back to all the time, because it’s so simple and so good? I am ALWAYS looking for more recipes to expand on my domesticity with!