These random thoughts are constantly happening…so I thought I’d start a weekly post for some entertainment; for myself and all of you! (I get just as entertained, if not more from some of the things I think about).
1. I wish that every time you worked out it would just build on top of each other and the time spent not working out wouldn’t be so bad either. Then I can tell people, “Ok, you’re done here,” and then the gym will be less crowded.
2. I have had a headache all week so far. Oh my gosh. Could I have withdrawals from drinking? I only had one beer this weekend…is this my body’s way of telling me something is wrong?
3. If I ate lunch at 12:00 pm, is 1:00 pm an appropriate time to start afternoon snacking? Should I eat the popcorn my coworker brought me, an ice cream, my pluot…all of it?
4. I can only watch funny shows tonight before bed. Too many nightmares last night. No more Pretty Little Liars! (Before bed at least)
5. I need to bring toothpicks or floss to work. There’s popcorn stuck in my teeth I’m pretty sure…
Stay tuned for more of my interesting thoughts 😉
For me Mondays are rough. Well, let’s be honest, they’re rough for everyone; I’m no special case. And these Mondays after the holiday = ESPECIALLY difficult. So here’s how I try to deal.
1. Work it Out
The first thing I HAVE to do Monday mornings is work out. Even if it’s only a short 15 minute cardio burst. I constantly remind myself that it’s only going to suck for those first 10 minutes while I try to pry myself out of bed and open my eyes. You know what all those fitness gurus say…”Never miss a Monday.” They’re right. It sets the mood for the whole week. So get off your sleepy butt and kick it in gear.
2. Hit up the Caffeine
I have got to get the brain tickin’ on a Monday, and for me, that’s going to be in a beautiful Starbuck’s cup. Although, being as broke as I am, I just discovered that Raley’s carries some Starbuck’s iced coffee drinks in jugs and they just so happen to have my go-to drink: Skinny Caramel Macchiato – for only $5.00! I buy one of those on Sunday and then drink it for the week. It tastes pretty much like the same thing as the actual Starbucks, but cheaper (yay for my wallet!). Anyhow, that caffeine really carries me through the day!
3. Turn up the Tunes
I’m a little country girl when it comes to the music (more on that to come later). Sometimes in the morning while I’m putting on my makeup and ransacking my closet for an outfit I need a little bit more of a pep in my step, so I crank up the pop tunes. If it’s a slow one I skip it. I’m looking for something to dance to so I can make the morning routine more interesting. And there is nothing better than watching my god awful dance moves in the mirror.
4. Become a Worker Bee
Or at least pretend to be. It takes a few hours to get the work flow going again so fake it ’til you make it. Once I finally wake up and remember what it is I do on a daily basis the rest of the day flies by. Or at least skips a long quicker. Maybe?
5. Eat Ice Cream
When all else fails, eat some ice cream. It makes me happier and feel like a little happy fat kid. Lately at work we’ve had gallons of vanilla ice cream in the freezer and cases of root beer in the fridge = help yourself root beer float. It is delicious and definitely perks me up in the afternoon. And then what do you know…it’s 5:00 pm and…peace out – Monday over.
Any tips on how to overcome the Monday slump?
Good luck getting over your Monday blues! Look at the time…my Monday is over! Now Tuesdays are a different story…
I have this never-ending struggle to try to workout daily and eat better. The struggle is REAL. Some days I really have the, “I could workout, but I could also not and watch Netflix,” mentality. But I NEED to break through it!! Here’s a few thoughts I have in order to stay away from the couch.
1. Just get it over with and then I can sit on the couch for the rest of the night.
2. If I workout first thing in the morning then I have the entire night to do whatever I want without feeling guilty for missing a workout!
3. I workout so I can have that one more beer. Or that one more slice of pizza. (Kind of counter productive, I know, but it still helps my thought process!)
4. It’s harder to keep starting over than it is to keep going.
5. Whatever you do DO NOT sit on that couch when you get home from work. It will consume you and you will never get up. Even for food.
6. You have to keep at it to make progress to make your friends jealous. So keep at it! Don’t you want to look the best in all those photos??
Of course I am far from following my own advice but I keep telling myself these things with the intention to keep moving!! I usually have success about 4 days a week. Sometimes. If I’m lucky. That’s what I call a good week. But the key is to just remember why you started. That’s why you need to keep going!!